Waxing Services Courtenay / Comox Valley
Full Service Waxing in Courtenay or Comox Valley for Men or Women, we are not biased.
Waxing is a method of semi-permanent hair removal which removes the hair from the root. The effects last for between 2-6 weeks – depending on the individuals rate of hair growth, as hair grows in stages.
Two methods of wax application can be used.
- Warm wax is applied to the skin in a thin layer. The hair becomes embedded in the wax and a strip is applied and then pulled off quickly, in the opposite direction of the hair growth, taking the hair with it.
- For smaller, delicate areas, such as eyebrow shape, lip or chin an alternative method of hard wax is applied. Hard wax is applied to the hair and let to cool as the wax hardens the strip of wax is removed and hair is removed. As well as tweezing could be used for clean up.
Post and Pre Treatment Advice
- Regular exfoliation prevents ingrown hairs and keeps skin looking healthy.
- Regular waxing helps the skin recognize the procedure and may minimise irritation.
- Ideally hair should be between 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch in order for the wax to be able to remove them in a timely manner.
- Exfoliation mits are available for purchase the studio for your convenience.
- Avoid heat treatments for at least 24 hours following waxing. Saunas and hot tubs are a no no.
- Avoid the sun immediately after waxing as you skin is very sensitive after a treatment.
- Do not use exfoliating products and loofahs for at least 24 hours after waxing as they may further irritate your skin.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing as it may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- After 24 hours is the time to start exfoliating the skin to maintain soft beautiful new look.